Page Title for page template
Advance Care Planning
GLO-MBR-MDM-INP-Advance Care Planning: Conversations Change Lives content
A successful two-step approach to Advance Care Planning utilizes award-winning programs to help you maintain control, achieve peace of mind, and have conversations that will assure your medical wishes are honored. Each program will help ease you through the Advance Care Planning process and assist you in completing your advance directive(s).
The Community Conversations on Compassionate Care (CCCC) Program guides all adults eighteen and older on how to complete their Health Care Proxy and Living Will. The Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST) Program will guide all seriously ill adults on how to complete the MOLST form with their physician. The MOLST form is completed in addition to the Health Care Proxy and Living Will forms and does not replace them.
The Compassion and Support Video Library includes an array of videos illustrating stories from real patients and families that explain the benefits of Advance Care Planning.
Please follow this link for free educational resources applicable to New York State.
GLO-EXC-MBR-MDM-INP-Advance Care Planning Links content
- Advance Care Planning Booklet (Includes NYS Health Care Proxy and Living Will) available in EnglishOpen a PDF or SpanishOpen a PDF
- NYS Health Care Proxy and Living Will
- Other State-specific Advance Directive Forms
- Community Conversations on Compassionate Care (CCCC) Video: Five Easy Steps
- Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- MOLST Video: "Writing Your Final Chapter: Know your Choices…Share Your Wishes"
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) vs. Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)
- Feeding Tubes
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Compassion And Support Video Library
- CompassionAndSupport.org in Spanish
- Resource Directory
- Educational Community Events