Medicare BlueBasic (PPO)
- NEW for 2020, add Full Comprehensive Dental coverage to your plan, for an additional $39 a month. This includes preventive dental coverage (i.e., cleanings and x-rays) and coverage for restorative and major dental services (i.e., crowns, root canals).2 (View our Supplemental Dental plans)
- NEW for 2020, you pay 50% of the cost for up to 10 acupuncture visits.
- Dedicated Customer Care department
- No referrals required
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- The Silver&Fit® Fitness Program. $25 annual non-refundable fee for gym membership. Other program options are available. Find a participating fitness center near you.
- Coverage for hearing aids through our partner TruHearing® (a copayment will apply)
Medicare BlueBasic (PPO) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- $5 copay per visit for in-network primary care providers
- $40 copay per visit for in-network specialists
- $0 copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services, such as in-network physical exams, smoking cessation and some immunizations
- $5 copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $325 copay per day for days 1-5 for each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
Learn more with these resources:
2For out-of-network providers, we will pay 100% of the allowance or dentist charges, whichever is less, You will be responsible for the balance.
Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans you have access to both In- and Out-of-Network providers and you may see any Medicare participating provider. However, your out-of-pocket costs may be higher when you use an Out-of-Network provider, except in limited cases such as emergencies and urgently needed care. For information on how to request reimbursement for Out-of-Network claims, and information on Out-of-Network Coverage or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577 , Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TDD/TTY 1-800-662-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Excellus BlueCross BlueShield members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
Put stuff here to only use one set of plan pages and NOT create new pages every year
Excellus Health Plans Styles
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5993.
This page last updated 10-01-2019.