Page Title, Social Icons for page template
Medicare Blue Choice Platinum (HMO-POS)
GLO-MDP- Enroll Button Mobile Size
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Platinum - Plan Features - Even
- NEW for 2020, add Full Comprehensive Dental coverage to your plan, for an additional $39 a month. This includes coverage for restorative and major dental services (i.e., crowns, root canals). Coverage for preventive dental services (i.e., cleanings and x-rays) is included with your plan.3 (View our Supplemental Dental plans)
- NEW for 2020, you pay 50% of the cost for up to 10 acupuncture visits.
- Robust provider network1
- No referrals required
- $120 annual eyewear allowance
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- The Silver&Fit® Fitness Program. $25 annual non-refundable fee for gym membership. Other program options are available. Find a participating fitness center near you.
- Coverage for hearing aids through our partner TruHearing® (a copayment will apply)
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Platinum - Benefits - Even
Medicare Blue Choice Platinum (HMO-POS) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- Out-of-Network coverage under the point of service benefit: 30% coinsurance; $3,000 annual maximum.
- $15 copay per visit for an in-network primary care providers
- $40 copay per visit for in-network specialists
- $0 copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services in-network, such as physical exams, smoking cessation and some immunizations
- $15 copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $260 copay per day for days 1-5 for each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
- $5,500 annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum Protection (In-network services)
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Platinum - Learn More - Even
Learn more with these resources:
- Summary of Benefits with Multi-Language FlyerOpen a PDF
- Evidence of CoverageOpen a PDF
- Annual Notice of ChangeOpen a PDF
- Plan Ratings
- Disenrollment Rights & Responsibilities
1 Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. The Point-of-Service (POS) benefit gives extra flexibility to receive some covered services from providers that are not in our network without having to pay the entire cost yourself. The POS benefit has a coverage limit. Once your costs go above this limit, you will be responsible for 100% of the remaining costs for the out-of-network services. For information on how to request reimbursement for Out-of-Network claims, the Point-of-Service (POS) benefit, Out-of-Network Coverage, or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TDD/TTY 1-800-662-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
EXC-MDP-Health Plan Scripts
Put stuff here to only use one set of plan pages and NOT create new pages every year
EXC-MDP-Health Plan Style
Excellus Health Plans Styles
GLO-MDP-Sidebar Enroll button
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5993.
This page last updated 10-01-2019.