Page Title, Social Icons for page template
Medicare Blue Choice Value
EXC-MDP- Enroll Button Mobile Size
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Value- Plan Features - Even
- Robust provider network1
- No referrals required
- $ copay for all Tier 1 Preferred Generic drugs
- For a 90-day supply, you pay 2 times the copayment for a 30-day supply of your prescription.
- Coverage for preventive dental care including 2 oral exams, 2 cleanings, and 2 x-rays per year2
- $ annual eyewear allowance
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- Silver&Fit® Fitness Program
- $ annual non-refundable fee to enroll in a participating fitness club or exercise center;
- $ annual non-refundable fee to enroll in the home fitness program; or
- $ annual allowance for out-of-network facilities.
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Value- Benefits - Even
Medicare Blue Choice Value (HMO) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- $ copay per visit for primary care providers
- $ copay per visit for specialists
- $ copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services in-network, such as physical exams, smoking cessation and some immunizations
- $ copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $ copay per day for days 1-5 for each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
- $ annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum Protection (In-network services)
Prescription Drug Coverage4
Our prescription drug coverage features:
|Tier||30-Day Supply||90-Day Supply|
|Tier 1 Preferred Generic Drugs||$||$|
|Tier 2 Generic Drugs||$||$|
|Tier 3 Preferred Brand Drugs||$||$|
|Tier 4 Non-Preferred Drugs||$||$|
|Tier 5 Specialty Drugs||%||%|
- $ annual deductible on Tiers 3, 4 and 5 Drugs (you must pay the full cost of your Tiers 3, 4 and 5 drugs until you reach the plan's deductible amount). For all other drugs, you will not have to pay any deductible and will start receiving coverage immediately.
- Additional savings when you take advantage of our mail order and select retail pharmacies that provide lower cost-sharing for a 90-day supply of your prescription drug(s)
- The 5-Tier comprehensive formulary includes Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 drugs. Follow this link to Search for a Medication and View Drug Tier and Copayment or Coinsurance Information
Our nationwide network includes thousands of participating pharmacies. Additionally, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed the CMS requirements for pharmacy access in your area
MDC-Medicare Blue Choice Value - Learn More - Even
Learn more with these resources:
- Summary of Benefits with Multi-Language FlyerOpen a PDF
- Evidence of CoverageOpen a PDF
- Annual Notice of ChangeOpen a PDF
- Plan Ratings
- Disenrollment Rights & Responsibilities
1 Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. The Point-of-Service (POS) benefit gives extra flexibility to receive some covered services from providers that are not in our network without having to pay the entire cost yourself. The POS benefit has a coverage limit. Once your costs go above this limit, you will be responsible for 100% of the remaining costs for the out-of-network services. For information on how to request reimbursement for Out-of-Network claims, the Point-of-Service (POS) benefit, Out-of-Network Coverage, or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TTY/TDD 1-800-421-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
2 For out-of-network providers, we will pay % of the allowance or dentist charges, whichever is less, You will be responsible for the balance.
4 Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances, and quantity limitations and restrictions may apply.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
EXC-MDP-Health Plan Scripts
Put stuff here to only use one set of plan pages and NOT create new pages every year
EXC-MDP-Health Plan Style
Excellus Health Plans Styles
EXC-MDP-Sidebar Enroll button
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Mar. 31:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5967_C.
This page last updated 08-03-2019.