Medicare Blue Choice Platinum (HMO-POS)
- Add Full Comprehensive Dental coverage to your plan, for an additional $39 a month. This includes coverage for restorative and major dental services (i.e., select crowns, root canals). Coverage for preventive dental services (i.e., cleanings and x-rays) is included with your plan.3 (View our Supplemental Dental plans)
- Acupuncture Coverage: You pay 50% of the cost for up to 20 visits per calendar year for chronic low back pain and an additional 10 visits per calendar year for all other diagnoses
- Robust provider network1
- No referrals required
- $120 annual eyewear allowance
- Worldwide urgent care and emergency coverage
- The Silver&Fit® Fitness Program. $25 annual non-refundable fee for a gym membership. Other program options are available. Find a participating fitness center near you.
- Coverage for hearing aids through our partner TruHearing® (a copayment will apply)
Medicare Blue Choice Platinum (HMO-POS) provides comprehensive coverage for the health care services you need, including:
- Out-of-Network coverage under the point of service benefit: 30% coinsurance; $3,000 annual maximum.
- $15 copay per visit for in-network primary care providers
- $40 copay per visit for in-network specialists
- $0 copay for many Medicare-covered preventive services in-network, such as physical exams, smoking cessation, and some immunizations
- $15 copay for in-network chiropractic medical visits
- Inpatient Hospital Stay
- $260 copay per day for days 1-5 for each Medicare-covered stay at a network hospital
- Days 6+ covered in full
- $4,500 annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum Protection (In-network services)
Learn more with these resources:
- Summary of Benefits with Multi-Language FlyerOpen a PDF
- Evidence of CoverageOpen a PDF
- Annual Notice of ChangeOpen a PDF
- Plan Ratings
- Disenrollment Rights & Responsibilities
1 Network Coverage Information - With our Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. The Point-of-Service (POS) benefit gives extra flexibility to receive some covered services from providers that are not in our network without having to pay the entire cost yourself. The POS benefit has a coverage limit. Once your costs go above this limit, you will be responsible for 100% of the remaining costs for the out-of-network services. For information on how to request reimbursement for Out-of-Network claims, the Point-of-Service (POS) benefit, Out-of-Network Coverage, or Coverage Determinations and Appeals call Customer Care at 1-877-883-9577, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; From October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (TDD/TTY 1-800-662-1220). Or, see the Evidence of Coverage using the link above. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Excellus BlueCross BlueShield members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
To the extent of any discrepancy between this web site and the Evidence of Coverage, the Evidence of Coverage terms take priority.
Excellus Health Plans Styles
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
From Oct. 1 - Dec. 30:
advisors are also available weekends 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
Need information in a different format?
Get updates on how health care is changing, plus recipes, fitness advice and more.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_7416_M.
This page last updated 10-01-2020.