New COBRA Administrative Services for Small Groups
Beginning January 1, 2018, as part of our small group medical insurance packages, we will provide COBRA administrative services to our small business customers.
We know that meeting COBRA compliance requirements can be confusing and challenging – especially for small businesses. By leveraging our partnership with Lifetime Benefit Solutions (LBS), we can help ease our small business customers’ administrative burden.
Our partner Lifetime Benefits Solutions will provide:
- Qualifying event COBRA notifications and/or extensions: When employees experience a qualifying event, LBS provides coupon books & the ability to set up electronic payments quickly and easily. Once we collect premiums, we take care of insurance carrier payments for ease and efficiency. We also can reinstate coverage if it has terminated.
- Initial notices for new hires: We’ll ensure groups have up-to-date COBRA rights notifications to provide to their new employees upon hire.
- With convenient on-line access, groups can receive information regarding when notifications were sent to ensure compliance.
- Billing, monitoring and reconciliation of premiums paid take small business customers out of the mix and eliminate more paperwork and headaches via retroactive payments to the insurance carrier.
- COBRA administration services will be available on the group’s renewal date in 2018.
- All commercial, Under 65, Community-Rated small group medical plans not enrolled through a Chamber, Trust or Association with us, are included.
- Dental COBRA administration will be included if the group has medical and dental coverage with us. Standalone dental plans are excluded at this time.
- Existing groups will be automatically converted. There's no action needed from you or your group unless the group wishes to opt out of receiving this service. A written communication from the group will be required to opt out 30 days prior to their scheduled renewal date.
- Customers in the Rochester market receiving COBRA billing services will automatically receive our more comprehensive COBRA administration services. Cobra billing services will cease being offered effective October 1, 2017.
- Group notifications are scheduled for the week of September 25, 2017.
- Member notifications are scheduled for the week of September 25, 2017 for groups currently enrolled with COBRA billing.
- Group and Member communications from LBS will begin the week of October 6, 2017.
- COBRA services will be provided for our medical and dental plans. Other carriers and lines of business are excluded but can be added for an additional fee.
Please contact your dedicated account manager with additional questions.
We appreciate your continued efforts to partner with us to bring the highest level of value and service to our shared customers.