2018 Updates to Small Group and Individual Metal Plans
Want a head start on 2018 open enrollment? Blue on Demand now includes 2018 plans and rates for small groups and individual metal plans.
In an effort to streamline the shopping experience, we've categorized our plans into three groups: Stable/Predictable, Balanced, and Value Maximizing. This new shopping experience will help you select the plan to meet the specific needs of your clients and members.
Download the "SimplyBlue Plus Series Made Simple" Guide
There are two ways to shop:
Shop by Medical Plan
- Find information on the category your plan falls under; whether it's Stable/Predictable, Balanced, or Value Maximizing — depending on your client's preference.
- Every package is color-coded so you can easily identify where your plan falls.
Shop by Preferred Packages
You can still use Blue on Demand to:
- Because packages are color-coded, you can easily see that you have all categories covered with a set of Preferred Packages.
- Benefits of choosing Preferred Packages:
- One option at every metal level and all plan types to cover Stable/Predictable, Balanced, or Value Maximizing needs
- Expedited underwriting and enrollment processes
- One rate sheet for all packages
- Tools to help employees compare plans
- Compare 2017 and 2018 packages for benefit changes
- Learn more about available packages to replace retiring ones
Dental Blue Options
Dental rates are now available with a new look in Blue on Demand:
Individual Metal Level and Essential Plans
- Easily compare high-level benefits of dental packages
- Detailed benefit descriptions are still available
Resources to help you use Blue on Demand
- View 2018 plans and rates on Blue on Demand
- Side-by-side comparisons of plans that changed
- Open enrollment applications will be available November 1
For more information, contact your account consultant.