Dental Blue Options Updates
No rate changes for groups renewing in 2019. There are some new Dental Blue Options packages, some that are closing, and changes to the waiting period on voluntary plans.
- No rate changes for 2019 – Groups renewing in 2019 will not receive a rate increase. Groups will receive a letter in early November with this information.
- Changes to the waiting period on Voluntary plans – Effective 1/1/2019, waiting periods will be waived for members who sign up during their open enrollment.
- New Dental Blue Options packages including
- Low cost plan with no deductible and preventive and basic coverage
- More UCR 90 packages in the East regions
- In-network Incentive plan designs in Rochester
- Closed packages to streamline the portfolio – We have closed a number of low enrolled packages in order to streamline our portfolio. Existing groups can stay in these packages but new groups cannot enroll.
Please contact your account consultant with questions.