Behavioral Health Telemedicine Now Available Through MDLIVE
Excellus BCBS has partnered with MDLIVE® to provide a faster way to access healthcare for non-emergency medical conditions. As of January 1, 2019, most members can access MDLIVE for behavioral health conditions.*
We recognize that often those needing behavioral health care do not seek treatment out of concern for cost, access and confidentiality. Behavioral health telemedicine helps break those barriers and allows members to select and speak with a psychiatrist or choose from a variety of licensed therapists from the privacy and comfort of their own home. Members can schedule recurring appointments to establish an ongoing relationship with a provider.
If necessary, psychiatrists can prescribe medications and send electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. Please note, no controlled substances will be prescribed.
Members in the following plans have access to MDLIVE’s behavioral health telemedicine program:
- Commercial, fully-insured plans
- Commercial, self-insured plans
- Medicare Advantage plans
- Medicaid Managed Care plans
- Please Note: at this time Classic Blue plans do not have access to behavioral health telemedicine through MDLIVE.
Please contact your account specialist with additional questions.
* Health plan benefits can vary. Please view the member contract or have members call customer service to ensure they have access to MDLIVE.