Special Benefit Change Opportunity for Community Rated Groups Renewing in 4th Quarter 2013 and Updated 2014 Underwriting Policies
In order to take advantage of this opportunity, the following is required:
- Employer groups renewing on 10/1/13, 11/1/13 and 12/1/13 must agree to a straight renewal with no benefit changes on their current product from their renewal effective date. They can then make a benefit change to an HCR compliant product on 1/1/2014.
- Benefit change for 1/1/2014 must be submitted by 11/15/2013.
- All deductible and plan year accumulators will re-set as normal upon their renewal date in 4th quarter.
- Because the group is making an off cycle change outside of their renewal date, the benefits, deductibles, and plan year accumulators will reset again on 1/1/2014.
- ID cards will be issued 1/1/2014, not with the initial change on their current effective date.
- AGIF( if not on file) and January Renewal Attestation Form will be required with the requested Benefit Change for January 1, 2014.
Note: Following the 1/1/14 benefit change, the group's renewal date will be changed to January for future renewals.
The paperwork needed for this change is as follows:
For more information on this, please contact your Account Consultant.
Updates to 2014 Underwriting Policies
There are updates to our 2014 underwriting policies that affect both large and small employer groups.
View 2014 Underwriting Policy Updates (PDF)
For additional information, please contact your Account Consultant.