Helpful Tips on Avoiding a Retroactive Request
Please share the following information on avoiding a retroactive request with your clients.
- Check your invoice monthly
- Call the Enrollment Processing Inquiry Unit (1-800-724-5032) right away if you see a discrepancy
- Provide your employees with frequent reminders to immediately report events pertaining to dependents (marriage, birth, divorce)
- Submit all activity requests within 30 days of the event or requested effective date
If a Retroactive Request needs to be submitted, the following information is required:
- Completed and legible retroactive form
- Copy of original application and date it was initially submitted, web confirmation number, or copy of email confirmation
Note: Supporting documentation (divorce decree, marriage certificate, death certificate) may also be required upon request.
If you have any other questions, please contact your Account Consultant.