Rochester Area Employers Win Wealth of Health Awards for Promoting a Healthy Workplace
Winners of this year’s Wealth of Health Awards included companies that instigated battles among employees to walk the most steps or lose the most weight.
Winning companies organized oatmeal challenges, mapped walking routes around their offices, installed hot air corn poppers for healthy snacking or added curling to annual meetings. Employees could play racquetball, run or lift weights at work. Zumba classes danced into several winning workplaces.
Overall, 13 Rochester area businesses won this year’s Wealth of Health Awards, sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and the Rochester Business Journal.
The awards honor innovative organizations of various sizes that promote workplace wellness. The honorees said their wellness programs are helping workers stay healthy, lose weight, quit smoking and reduce stress.
Judges chose companies based on criteria such as participation levels, program creativity and sustainability and senior management support. Honorees were presented with the 2012 Wealth of Health Awards at a luncheon June 14 at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.
This year’s honorees:
Best in Show
- ESL Federal Credit Union, Rochester
- Bond Financial Network, Pittsford
- Partners + Napier, Rochester
- Mirror Show Management, Webster
- Lawley Insurance, Rochester
- Rochester Midland Corporation, Ogden
- Sentry Group, Rochester
- The County of Ontario, Canandaigua
- Arc of Monroe County, Rochester
- G.W. Lisk, Clifton Springs
- Monroe County, Rochester
- Verizon Wireless, Henrietta
- Unity Health System, Rochester
More about the Wealth of Health Awards