Start Earning More – New Commission for Medicare Employer Group Contracts
We are pleased to announce an exciting commission schedule for new Medicare group business. Earn $12.50 per contract per month (PCPM) for qualifying contracts.
The commissions will be paid on Medicare Advantage products (HMO/PPO). Commissions do not include Medicare Supplement/Medigap or Prescription Drug Plans. This applies to contracts for new Medicare groups that are effective January 1, 2013 and later.*
- New contracts are defined as brand new Medicare Group business to Excellus Health Plan (business that did not come from any other Excellus BCBS product and/or Excellus BCBS Medicare Supplement)
- New contracts through either a Small Group or Large Group plan are paid the same PCPM commission.
- Paid on the same schedule as other commissionable payments, although separate from the commercial product commission group.
- Agent/Broker must possess a valid NYS License
- Agent/Broker must be appointed through Excellus Health Plan, Inc.
- Agent/Broker must attend Medicare product/benefit training
- Agent/Broker must complete annual AHIP Medicare training and supply Excellus Health Plan, Inc. a copy of the certificate
- Agent/Broker must adhere to all quality standards relative to CMS guidelines
Schedule goes into effect on October 1, 2012 for new contracts effective January 1, 2013.
If you have any questions or if you want to email your Medicare training certification, please email the Medicare Employer Group Sales Team at MedicareGroup@excellus.com or contact your Account Consultant.
* New Medicare Group business is commissionable for employer groups that have not offered Excellus Health Plan, Inc. Medicare products for six months prior to the effective date of coverage.