April is Stress Awareness Month: Helpful Tips to Lower Your Stress Level
It’s natural. Everyone gets stressed out. In fact, stress is the body’s natural reaction to tension, pressure and change. Having a little stress in your life can be helpful because it makes life challenging. Too much stress can be a problem.
Managing stress starts with identifying the sources of stress in your life. There are many ways to cope with stress, but only you can decide which option will work best for you.
Try the following suggestions for reducing stress in your life.
AVOID Unnecessary Stress
- Walk Away.
- Learn how to say “no.”
- Take control of your environment.
ALTER the Situation
- Be more assertive.
- Communicate better by expressing your feelings.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Manage your time better so you can stay focused.
- Try something new – start a new hobby or check out a new exercise class.
- Go for a walk or try relaxation techniques.
ADJUST if There Are Things You Can’t Change:
- Avoid trying to control the uncontrollable.
- Set realistic expectations.
- Change your perspective and view situations from a positive angle.
- Become physically active.
Please share these stress relief tips with your employees.
Do a quick stress level check | More about stress management