More Than Health Insurance: The Value of Excellus BCBS Plans
The value of any health plan is the support that comes with it. With Excellus BCBS, your employees get:
Access to More Doctors and Hospitals Locally and Nationally, with Significant Discounts:
- With 100% of the hospitals and more than 99% of local doctors participating in the 31-county Excellus BCBS network, our members find care that’s convenient, no matter where they live.
- Our national BlueCard® Network gives access to 96% of hospitals and 92% of doctors across the country.
- Because our network is larger locally and nationally, your employees benefit from unsurpassed discounts
Integrated Member Care Management
- Blue365® – daily deals, discounts on fitness gear, weight-loss programs, and more
- 6,000 Health Topics – instant access to expert information online
- 24/7 Nurse Call Line – get answers any time of the day or night
Get and Stay Healthy ‑ Health education materials and preventive care screening reminders are delivered to help keep plan members from developing debilitating conditions.
Manage Illness ‑ Support needed for employees with long-lasting or complex health conditions. The team helps employees better manage asthma, diabetes, depression, coronary artery disease (CAD) and more.
Integrated Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Other Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) may claim they have integration, but that is often just an upload of a claims file, late at night. With Excellus BCBS, you have expert systems and professionals reviewing patient pharmacy and medical claims together in real-time, to ensure safety and appropriate medication use.
- For all of our employer groups, there is up to a 6% lower overall medical expense when we manage both medical and pharmacy benefits. National studies show between 4% and 11% overall savings with real-time integration.
State-of-the-Art Claim Processing
- For every $1,000 in billed claims, our software uncovers approximately $300 in overbilling – and that coverage is stopped before payment is processed.
- Information Connection’s award-winning online reporting helps you evaluate your health care experience. Plus, we assist with interpreting the data and make recommendations to help better manage health care costs.
And don't forget that as a local partner, you get access to our locally-based account management staff. We are committed to helping you keep your employees healthy and productive. If you’d like more information about these, or any of the programs we offer, please contact your broker or account consultant.