New Employer's Guide to Health Care Reform Now Available
The most important thing for employers to know is that Health Care Reform may bring with it some changes to health insurance and health care, but not everyone will be affected by these changes. More importantly, there are many options for both employers and their employees.
The first step in learning about these choices is to assess an employer’s current insurance coverage and requirements under Health Care Reform. The Employer's Guide to Health Care Reform (PDF) can help.
Determine Impact To the Company
One of the largest changes with Health Care Reform is the rule requiring some employers to provide insurance to their employees or pay a penalty, also known as the “Employer Mandate” or “Play or Pay” provision of the law. The penalty and associated reporting has been delayed until January 1, 2015. The size of your company will determine the impacts of the Employer Mandate and the options available to you.
The new brochure includes:
- Starting Point For All Employers: A brief overview of the important aspects of Health Care Reform
- Options For Individuals & Families: Learn about the requirements that everyone have insurance coverage by 2014 to understand how Health Care Reform will impact employees
- Options For Small Group Employers: How Health Care Reform impacts small group employers with less than 50 full-time equivalent employees
- Options For Large Group Employers: How Health Care Reform impacts large group employers with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees
- Employer Penalties: Information about the penalties certain employers face if they do not provide health insurance coverage to employees
- Benefit & Coverage Changes: Learn about how coverage might change under Health Care Reform, including some preventive benefits available at no charge
- Brokers & Other Interest Groups: Information for Brokers, Navigators, In-Person Assistors and Certified Application Counselors
- Taxes & Fees: Review the taxes and fees that insurance companies and employers may have to pay under Health Care Reform
View Employer's Guide to Health Care Reform (PDF)
To request printed copies of the new Employer's Guide to Health Care Reform (PDF), please contact your Account Consultant and reference form number B-4529.