2015 ACA Updates and Resources
We’re committed to providing you with the information you need to better understand how the Affordable Care Act may impact your business. Learn what small (PDF) and large (PDF) businesses need to know about the ACA this open enrollment.
Additionally, as you prepare for 2015, here are a few ACA reminders:
- The Employer Mandate (“Pay or Play”) begins for groups with 100 or more full-time equivalent employees as of 1/1/15, upon groups' renewal.
- Groups with 100 or more FTEs are required to offer coverage to at least 70% of their full-time employees, or pay a penalty. This increases to 95% in 2016.
- The coverage offered must be affordable (no greater than 9.5% of the employee's income), or pay a penalty.
- Employers need to track the hours of non-full time employees (part-time, per diem employees) that they do not offer coverage to. If those employees end up working on average more than 30 hours per week, employers will need to offer them coverage on a go forward basis.
- Groups with 50-99 FTEs will need to comply with the employer mandate starting in 2016.
For the most up-to-date ACA information, visit our website or contact your broker or account consultant.