Total Health Management Takes Wellness – and Savings – to the Next Level
Our customers have access to a comprehensive suite of Total Health Management programs. The programs already included in our plans help employees achieve optimal wellness and help employers manage health plan costs.
Free health and wellness tools, including:
Get and Stay Healthy
Programs designed to provide employees with the necessary information to maintain and manage their health.
The focus of these programs is on lifestyle behavior changes and preventive care to help keep them from developing a chronic or debilitating condition.
- Ask The Pharmacist – A clinical pharmacist answers drug-related questions using a secure online electronic form
- Preventive Care Health education and preventive screening reminders through our Member Care Management program
- Integrated Rx Management* Members have access to medical and Rx programs and resources, including our Member Care Management, SafeRx®, and Ask The Pharmacist programs, ensuring integrated care and savings
These programs offer the support needed for employees with long-lasting or complex health conditions. The team helps employees better manage asthma, diabetes, depression, coronary artery disease (CAD) and more.
- Utilization Management ensures participants receive medically necessary, high-quality care, reducing the chance that they’ll be charged for extra services unnecessarily.
- Member Care Management helps people with chronic health conditions understand their options and the importance of following their doctors’ plans.
- Complex Care Management helps employees with multiple conditions improve quality of life and stay productive, by working directly with a nurse.
- SafeRx®* Helps employees with two or more chronic conditions, who are also taking multiple prescription medications, avoid dangerous and costly drug interactions
Talk to your Account Consultant today. They can help you make the most of the wellness programs already included in your plan and provide educational materials for your employees.
Find out more about Total Health Management.
*Must have pharmacy benefit with Excellus BCBS.