Plan on More for Your Business
We offer an array of plans to meet the needs of your business and your employees. Our plans feature:
- Fitness incentive programs
- Consumer-driven health care options that can reduce costs and put your employees in control
- Pharmacy benefits management
- Dental and vision
- Client consulting
Contact your Sales Consultant or Broker for more information.
Help Employees Get the Most Out of their Plan
We offer a variety of wellness programs designed to help employees live healthier, increase workplace productivity, and reduce overall costs.
The ExerciseRewards™ Program offers two options to meet your fitness needs:
- Get Paid for Working Out
The ExerciseRewards™ Program is a fitness facility reimbursement program available only to SimplyBlue Plus members in addition to Base, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Bassett Preferred Gold, Bassett Preferred Silver and CNY Preferred Gold members. The program is also available as an option with Healthy Blue and Excellus PPO/EPO. As covered members on a policy, subscribers and their spouse or domestic partner can receive up to $600 a year to help pay for their fitness facility memberships. (Every six months, subscribers can earn up to $200 and their eligible spouse/domestic partner can earn up to $100).
- As of January 1, 2015...Get Paid for attending Exercise Classes
We will also reimburse fees paid for exercise classes taken at a qualified fitness facility (e.g., yoga, pilates, spinning). To qualify for reimbursement you must show that you’ve worked out at least 50 times within a 6 month period utilizing one of the following or a combination of both.
- Workout at a qualified fitness facility
- Attend an individual class at a qualified fitness facility
Choose Your Fitness Facility
You can choose your own fitness club or exercise center
, or visit www.ExerciseRewards.com
to view a list of participating ExerciseRewards fitness facilities and print a voucher for:
- 10% or more discount on enrollment fees and/or membership dues
- Free one-week trial (limited to three facilities)
How it Works
To request your reimbursement:
- Have your fitness facility complete a Fitness Facility Member Verification Form (PDF)
- Visit your facility 50 or more times within a six month period after your coverage begins
- Get documentation of those visits
- Complete a Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Attach a copy of your receipt showing proof of payment (with your name, facility name, amount paid and dates covered) and documentation of your visits
P.O. Box 509117
San Diego, CA 92150-9117
Enjoy Tools & Trackers
to take advantage of online programs available at no additional cost to help you meet your goals. You can:
- Create a personalized fitness plan
- Build a 28-day customized meal plan
- Take an online coaching course
The ExerciseRewards Program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). ExerciseRewards is a trademark of ASH and used with permission herein. Consult a physician before beginning or changing your exercise or fitness routine.
Access to Top-Quality Care
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a health plan. But access to care might be the most important.
With Excellus BCBS, your employees will have access to more top-quality doctors, hospitals and pharmacies, both locally and nationwide. This means that you can keep the doctors you know and trust.
The Benefits of Integrating Pharmacy with Medical
When your health plan and prescription plan are managed together, they both work better.
Better Care for Patients
Integrated medical and pharmacy benefits improve patient safety and disease management, which leads to a reduction in health care costs for you and your employees.
- Other Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) may say they offer integration, but it’s often just a claims file upload – it’s not real-time, so they can’t conduct safety checks. It’s simply data integration, not care integration.
- With Excellus BCBS, our pharmacists see every medication that an employee is taking – under both the medical and pharmacy benefits.
- To ensure there are no potential interactions, our systems provide real-time review across the medical and pharmacy environments.
- With true medical and pharmacy benefit integration, you’ll keep your family and your employees safe from unexpected drug interactions.
Savings for Employers
Chronic conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, asthma and depression result in 75% of overall health care costs. Because the primary mode of treatment for these conditions is medication, the integration of pharmacy and medical care is critical to increased safety and lower costs.
Our pharmacists frequently consult with member care management, in real time, while the patient is on the phone. This can’t happen in a carve-out PBM relationship.
A national study by the BlueCross BlueShield Association showed a 4-8% reduction in costs when both medical and pharmacy benefits are managed together by a health plan. The result? You can save up to $15 per member per month.
Our dental plans are designed to ensure you receive regular preventive care with little or no cost to you.
We also provide comprehensive coverage should you need more extensive dental care.
Which type of plan is right for you or your business?
|Dental Blue Options (PDF)
Choose from a broad range of cost-sharing options for both in-network and out-of-network services.
- Access to participating dentists who agree to perform services at pre-determined rates and will submit claims for you. You'll usually pay less for services when you visit a network dentist.
- You may see non-participating dentists, but will usually pay more since they can bill you for the difference between our allowed amount and their charges.
|Dental Blue Classic (PDF) *
Several cost-sharing options available.
- No network - freedom to see any dentist.
- Reimbursement is based on the 90th percentile of average market rates.
* Not available in the Rochester region
Want more information about our dental plans?