Health insurance for uninsured adults
Family Health Plus is a New York State sponsored health insurance program for adults between the ages of 19 through 64; who do not have health insurance - either on their own or through their employers, but have incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid.
Requirements for Eligibility
Here is a quick list of the requirements to help you determine if you are eligible for Family Health Plus:
- You must be a resident of New York State and live within our service area of Broome, Herkimer, Livingston, Monroe, Oneida, Ontario, Orleans, Otsego, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Counties;
- Currently uninsured;
- Your total gross income must not exceed the income limitations of the program;
- Adult between the ages of 19 and 64;
- Ineligible for Medicare and Medicaid
Once enrolled in Family Health Plus, you have over 13,000 doctors to choose from and comprehensive coverage for the vital services you need.
Family Health Plus provides comprehensive coverage, including.
- Visits to Primary Providers (PCP) who participate with Family Health Plus
- Specialist visits referred by your PCP
- Emergency care
- Laboratory/radiology and other diagnostic test and treatments
- OB/GYN and maternity care
- Mental health and alcohol/substance abuse services (some limits on visits apply)
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Eye exam and eyeglasses (restrictions may apply)
- Hearing services
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Home health services
- HIV testing, pre- and post- test counseling as part of a family planning visit
- Family planning and reproductive health services
- Prescription drugs (copays may apply)
- Dental Care
Please note: Copays may apply for certain services.