|An Important Message for those Enrolling in a Plan Today - Read Now
Offering low cost health care coverage for families who may not have health insurance
ValuMed is an affordable health insurance program for people with limited incomes or have been recently unemployed. ValuMed protects you against large medical bills that could devastate your family by covering the medical services you need most. Follow this link to view a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) (for Rochester region only) and this link to view the SBC Glossary.
ValuMed coverage includes:
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care
- Maternity care, including prenatal office visits
- Emergency care for urgent and life-threatening conditions
- Well-child visits
A partnership with local hospitals, doctors and Excellus BlueCross BlueShield keeps the cost of ValuMed below that of most other health insurance plans.
See if ValuMed is right for you
- ValuMed is not available to everyone. Check out ValuMed eligibility and Income Guideline to see if you can enroll in this program. Your annual income cannot exceed 222% of the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines for your family size
- You must live in New York State, and in one of these six counties: Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Livingston, Seneca or Yates
- You cannot be covered under Medicaid or Medicare
- You must be under age 65
If you are eligible for health insurance through your employer and your employer contributes some of the cost of the premium, you are not eligible for ValuMed. But if your employer does not contribute any more for family coverage than single coverage, your family members may be eligible for ValuMed. Our Enroll with Ease services can help you through the enrollment process.
Our friendly staff can help you get coverage.