|An Important Message for those Enrolling in a Plan Today - Read Now
ValuMed Plus is an affordable option for individuals and families needing coverage. Follow this link to view a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and this link to view the SBC Glossary.
You can enroll in ValuMed Plus if you meet the following criteria:
- Your total household income must be no more than 250% of the Federal Poverty level (with proof of income). Follow this link to view the Income and Premium Guidelines for ValuMed Plus.
- You currently live within the following ValuMed Plus service areas:
- Rochester New York Area (Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Ontario, Yates, Seneca Counties)
- Northern New York Area (Essex, Franklin, Clinton Counties)
- Utica New York Area (Delaware, Fulton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Otsego, Oneida, and Hamilton Counties)
- Watertown New York Area (Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties)
- Central New York Area (Cayuga, Cortland, Onondaga and Oswego Counties)
- Southern Tier New York Area (Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Schuyler, Steuben, and Tioga Counties)
- You are unemployed or working and you (or your spouse) are not enrolled in group coverage through your employer.
- You have been without health insurance for 90 days.
- You are not eligible for Medicare, Family Health Plus or Healthy NY as an individual, sole proprietor, or as an employee of a small business offering Healthy NY.
You will need to re-certify every 18 months to be sure that you are still within the income guidelines.
Our friendly staff can help you get coverage.