Specialty, or biotech medications, are designed for conditions like multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis C, growth hormone deficiency and other conditions that are difficult to treat with traditional therapies. Accredo Health and Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy can provide specialty medications to you.
Follow this link for a list of specialty medications (PDF) that could be purchased from a specialty pharmacy. For more information about the medications and therapies eligible, please contact:
- Accredo Health: Call 1-866-413-4137
- Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy: Call 1-866-435-2170
Follow this link for a list of local specialty pharmacies (PDF).
Specialty pharmacies focus on you and your individual health care needs.
Because they work exclusively with specialty medications, they are experts in handling and administering these complex medications. Many specialty medications are self-administered by injection.
Specialty Pharmacies Make Your Life Easier
With a single, toll-free phone call they take care of all the details - they will enroll you in the program, contact your doctor for your prescription, and arrange delivery to your home. Some of the services they offer include:
- Easy refills, refill reminders, and online ordering.
- Education and counseling programs to meet your needs and detailed instruction on how to safely and effectively take your medication.
- A team of dedicated pharmacists and medical professionals are available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via toll-free telephone.
- Coordination of care with your doctor.