Medicare Supplement Plans
Coverage that coordinates with Medicare Parts A & B
If you are enrolled in both Medicare Parts A & B, our Medicare Supplement programs may be the right choice for you. These programs provide the coverage you can depend on, with benefits uniquely coordinated with Medicare Parts A & B. The Medicare Supplement plans described below are underwritten by Excellus Health Plan, Inc., which does business as Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
Your choice of coverage
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield offers six Medicare Supplement programs. You choose the benefits design that best meets your needs.
- Supplement Plan A covers hospital coinsurance payments, which are not covered by Medicare Part A. It also helps pay for Medicare Part B expenses, such as doctors' office visits, surgery and hospital outpatient care by paying the 20% coinsurance of Medicare-eligible expenses after you meet the Medicare Part B deductible.
- Supplement Plan B gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plan A and pays for your Medicare Part A deductible.
- Supplement Plan C gives you basic benefits of Plan A, as well as skilled nursing coinsurance, Medicare Part A deductible, Medicare Part B deductible and foreign travel emergency care. Hospital Services under this plan include: Hospitalization, skilled nursing facility care, blood and hospice care. Medical Services under this plan include: Medical expenses, blood and clinical laboratory services plus home health care and foreign travel emergency care.
- Supplement Plan F gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plans A and B, plus additional coverage for skilled nursing coinsurance expenses, your Medicare Part B deductible, 100% of additional covered physician expenses, and coverage for emergency care when you travel outside the United States.
- Supplement Plan F + gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plan F with significantly reduced premiums. You must meet a $2,240 deductible before coverage will apply.
- Supplement Plan N gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plans A and B, plus additional coverage for skilled nursing coinsurance expenses. After your Medicare Part B deductible, services are covered in full except the lesser of twenty dollars ($20) or the Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment for each covered health care provider office visit (including visits to medical specialists) and the lesser of fifty dollars ($50) of the Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayments for each covered emergency room visit. This plan offers coverage for emergency care when you travel outside the United States.
B-1869, Rev. 91/1/2018E
Let us show you more. Simply call 1-800-671-6081, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (for TTY/TDD, call 1-800-421-1220) for more information. Or walk into our local offices to personally speak to a dedicated Sales representative.
Are you eligible?
If you are entitled to Medicare Part A and are enrolled in Part B you're eligible. Just continue to pay your Part B premium (if it is not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another 3rd party).
Is it right for you?
Please take the time to learn more about our Medicare Supplement plans at one of our free, no obligation workshops. Call 1-800-671-6081, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday (TTY/TDD at 1-800-421-1220). We'll answer all your questions so you can choose the Medicare Supplement plan that is just right for you. Feel free to bring a friend. For accommodation of persons with special needs, call 1-800-671-6081.
Already a Member?
Thank you for being a Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Medicare Supplement plan member. We value our members' questions and want to hear about their concerns. You can reach one of our dedicated Medicare representatives at 1-800-671-6081 (TTY/TDD at 1-800-421-1220), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
The purpose of this website material is the solicitation of insurance.
These policies (EXC-83, EXC-84, EXC-85, EXC-86, EXC-87, EXC-88, EXC-89, EXC-90, EXC-91, EXC-92, EXC-93, EXC-94) meet the minimum standards for MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE as defined by the New York State Insurance Department. The expected benefit ratio for the policies is 83.3%. This ratio is the portion of future premiums which the company expects to return as benefits, when averaged over all people with this policy.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: A CONSUMER'S GUIDE TO HEALTH INSURANCE FOR PEOPLE ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM YOUR LOCAL SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE OR FROM THIS INSURER.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is not connected with or endorsed by the State of New York, the federal government or the federal Medicare program.