If you are enrolled in both Medicare Parts A & B, our Medicare Supplement programs may be the right choice for you. These programs provide the coverage you can depend on, with benefits uniquely coordinated with Medicare Parts A & B. The Medicare Supplement plans described below are underwritten by Excellus Health Plan, Inc., which does business as Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield offers six Medicare Supplement programs. You choose the benefits design that best meets your needs.
- Supplement Plan A covers hospital coinsurance payments, which are not covered by Medicare Part A. It also helps pay for Medicare Part B expenses, such as doctors' office visits, surgery and hospital outpatient care by paying the 20% coinsurance of Medicare-eligible expenses after you meet the Medicare Part B deductible.
- Supplement Plan B gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plan A and pays for your Medicare Part A deductible.
- Supplement Plan C gives you basic benefits of Plan A, as well as skilled nursing coinsurance, Medicare Part A deductible, Medicare Part B deductible and foreign travel emergency care. Hospital Services under this plan include: Hospitalization, skilled nursing facility care, blood and hospice care. Medical Services under this plan include: Medical expenses, blood and clinical laboratory services plus home health care and foreign travel emergency care.
- Supplement Plan F gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plans A and B, plus additional coverage for skilled nursing coinsurance expenses, your Medicare Part B deductible, 100% of additional covered physician expenses, and coverage for emergency care when you travel outside the United States.
- Supplement Plan F + gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plan F with significantly reduced premiums. You must meet a $2,140 deductible before coverage will apply.
- Supplement Plan N gives you all the coverage of our Medicare Supplement Plans A and B, plus additional coverage for skilled nursing coinsurance expenses. After your Medicare Part B deductible, services are covered in full except the lesser of twenty dollars ($20) or the Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment for each covered health care provider office visit (including visits to medical specialists) and the lesser of fifty dollars ($50) of the Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayments for each covered emergency room visit. This plan offers coverage for emergency care when you travel outside the United States.
|B-1869, Rev. 5||1/1/2014 E|
If you are entitled to Medicare Part A and are enrolled in Part B you're eligible. Just continue to pay your Part B premium (if it is not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another 3rd party).
Please take the time to learn more about our Medicare Supplement plans at one of our free, no obligation workshops. Call 1-800-659-1986, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, (TTY/TDD at 1-800-421-1220). We'll answer all your questions so you can choose the Medicare Supplement plan that is just right for you. Feel free to bring a friend. For accommodation of persons with special needs, call 1-800-659-1986.
Thank you for being an Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Medicare Supplement plan member. We value our members' questions and want to hear about their concerns. You can reach one of our dedicated Medicare representatives at 1-855-695-7037 (TTY/TDD at 1-800-421-1220), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.